Requires local access to the device (keyboard plugged into the digital signage device).
- With the keyboard plugged in, reboot the device
- While the device is powering on, the first screen during the "Power On, Self-Test" (POST) resembles this (Newer players will show an orange P-Series logo):
- As soon as the logo disappears press ESC one time.
- The screen should then look like this:
NOTE: If you do not see this screen, you likely pressed ESC at the wrong time or too many times; reboot the device and repeat until you see that screen.
- Once you're at the proper screen, select Recovery Mode (AUTOMATIC).
- This will bring up a blue screen with red progress bars as the device runs through the factory reset process. This process will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Once the device is done factory resetting itself, it will pull a new authorization PIN ready to be added back to your CommandCenterHD account.