The admin console allows you to add as many staff members to your community as you need. Staff members are managed in the Directory.
Adding a New Staff Member
To add a new staff member, first consider which of your communities the staff member should be able to access. If they should be able to add and edit content for your entire campus, you can add them to your Campus community. If they should only be able to add and edit content for a specific care unit then add them to that care unit's Directory instead.
- Open the community where you want to add a staff member
- Open the Directory.
- In the Staff section, choose New Staff.
- Enter the staff members First and Last Name and Email address.
- If your community has job titles set up, you can select the staff member's job title.
- Select what rights you want the staff member to have:
- Allow this person to add/update CommunityShare content? - This will allow the staff member to access the Activities, Announcements, Menus, Pictures and Video, Birthdays, In Memory, Custom Slides, and Therapeutic Music pages and add and edit the content housed there.
- Allow this person to manage rooms, residents, and other staff? - This will allow the staff member to access the Directory (thus being able to add/edit residents and staff) and the Settings for the community.
- Select whether people should be able to contact the staff member on the mobile app.
- Click Save.
Editing a Staff Member's Settings
To edit a staff member's settings:
- Open the Directory.
- In the Staff section, select that staff member's account.
- Go to Settings.
Disable a Staff Member Account
When a staff member leaves your community, you should remove his/her rights to the community. Go to the Directory at the campus level (building icon). Click on the Staff section and then the employee's name that you would like to remove. On the Settings > Rights section of the staff member's account, click on your community. Toggle all the switches from green to gray and click save. This will then remove them from being able to access your community information as well as remove them from the list of staff members.
Show or Hide the Staff Member on the Mobile App
You can control which staff members appear in your Share app Staff Directory by adjusting the "Allow People to Contact Me Through the Mobile App" option on the staff member's Settings > Profile page. Read more about this option here.
Change a Staff Member's Username or Password
You can change a staff member's username or password by going to the staff member's Settings > Username/Password. Passwords must be at least ten characters long. After you change a staff member's password, when they log in with the new password, they will be prompted to change it to something of their own choosing.
Add a Profile Image
You can add a profile image for a staff member by going to the staff member's Settings > Photo. The profile image is used in the admin console, on the Share app, and on the Share In-Room TV on any messages the staff member sends to residents.
Change a Staff Member's Rights
You can change what a staff member has access to in the admin console by editing their rights. Open the staff member's account and go to Settings > Rights. You can click on the community they have rights to in order to adjust the rights for that community. You can also click Grant Rights to grant rights to a different community.