Please see this article regarding how to log into the EngageDSX app via SpectrioCloud.
Please note: the initial Hub setup may already be completed for you by the Spectrio team
Set Up a New EngageDSX Player
- In the side menu under Network, click on Hubs, and click on the + New Hub button up top.
- Fill out all pertinent details about the player including its name or description, location with address & ZIP code.
- Leave the default settings in place, and click Save to proceed.
- Now, find your new Hub, select it, and click “Register Hub” which is the icon with the checkmark.
- In the pop-up window, type in the 4-digit alphanumeric code you’re seeing on the screen where you’ve connected your player. Your new hub is now registered and connected.
Link Channels to Hub
- Find your licensed Channels by looking to the side menu under Network, then Channels.
- Find a channel license that is unlinked to connect to your new Hub, select it, and click “Edit Channel” which is the icon with the pencil.
- Under "Map To A Hub", use the drop-down menu to select the Hub you wish to link this Channel to.
- Next, select Display 1 as the default for any single-screen configurations and then click Save.
- Your Channel and Hub are now linked and ready to accept content schedules.
Creating & Managing Content
Choosing Pre-Created Content
- To browse our store of great animated graphics for your screen, look to "Content Vaults" in the side menu.
- Here you can search or browse through thousands of content templates that can be easily customized online using our Content Editor tool.
- Use the "All Vaults" dropdown at the top menu to select from different Vaults you have access to based on your industry, or find entertaining dynamic content like news, weather, and stocks.
- When you’ve selected the perfect content files to use, select as many as you want and then towards the upper left, click the “Copy to My Media” icon to bring them over into your personal account library.
- You can also select a Media Category to keep your content organized.
Managing Your Media
- To manage all of your Media Content files, look to My Media in the side menu.
- Here, you can browse and preview content, organize files into categories, create a new animated piece from scratch, or upload videos or still images from your computer.
- When you’re ready to customize content templates in our online editor tool, just select an HTML+ file with a purple icon, and click “Edit Media."
Customizing Content Using the Content Editor
- With a media file open in the Content Editor, you’ll immediately see what your design looks like, and everything on the stage is selectable and editable, including images, backgrounds, shapes, and text.
- Customization controls are at the right-side toolbar and always apply to the element selected on stage.
- Control Animation, layers, and control the pixel dimensions of your canvas size.
- Templates are based on scenes that can be added, copied, and rearranged and you can control scene durations and transition effects.
- You can always add new images, text, shapes, and videos as well.
- When your masterpiece is complete, you can Save, Save as a copy, or Export to video, which allows you to create an MP4 or WEBM video file and even add audio for a fully produced piece.
Scheduling Your Content
- Under "My Shows" from the side menu, you’ll find all of your playlists of content.
- Click “New Show” up top to start fresh, and then select a Show Layout, which determines how your screen will be broken up into content sections.
- From the Show Editor, you can drag and drop content from My Media directly into the various zones of your Layout to create a playlist. Be sure to only use content that is appropriate for each zone based on the content’s aspect ratio.
- When you’ve built your show, give it a name and click the “Schedule” icon up top to select how, when, and where you’d like it to appear.
- This will take you to the Calendar, where you can select which players in your network you’d like to send the Show to. You can also select whether to have this content play all day every day, or select specific daily hours or times of the week or month you’d like it to play on screen.
- Within minutes, the content from your show will begin to play on the selected screens according to your schedule.