Asset or Object Permissions
An overview on how to set permissions on your Media, Templates, Campaigns, Channels, Devices and so much more!
Intro to Asset or Object Permission
This article will give you a basic overview of Asset or Object Permissions throughout CommandCenterHD (CCHD). Where User Permissions give each individual User their guidelines throughout their access in CCHD, Asset or Object Permissions give Users or Admins the ability to lock down specific items created throughout the system.
Edit Asset or Object Permissions
The Padlock Icon next to your object gives you the ability to set Permissions based on rules set by an Owner or Administrator.
- Owner - Set a User as the owner of the object. User's are listed in alphabetical order by their User ID. An Owner would see the asset if using My Media for their Filter.
- Group Owner - Set a Group as an additional owner of the object. Doing so will assign the asset to the Group. A User would see the asset if using My Group for their Filter.
- Add Rule - Assign specific permissions to a User, Group, or All Users based on specified criteria. Listing a Permission as Positive or Negative will either allow them the needed access or take it away from them.
Adding a Rule
Click the Add Rule button to create a set of permissions specific asset or object.
First, choose the users that the new rule will impact: All, a single User, or a User Group.
Then, check the box based on the access deemed for the rule. The Positive checkbox gives the User the permissions listed below for each option; Negative takes the permission away from the User.
- Admin - Gives user(s) the ability to edit permissions for an asset or object.
- Access - Gives user(s) the ability to access the section or objects associated with the asset.
- Insert - Gives user(s) the ability to add new assets or objects into an asset.
- View - Gives user(s) the ability to see the asset or object in CCHD and use the Preview functionality.
- Edit - Gives user(s) the ability to edit the asset's or object's settings and to manage the associated editor options, like Slides in Campaigns.
- Delete - Gives user(s) the ability to Delete an asset or object.
- Activate - Gives user(s) the ability to activate or deactivate an asset or object.
Once finished setting the rules, hit the Save Rules button.
Modifying a Rule
There are additional options to utilize when using your rules. There are straight forward options, like adding, editing or deleting a rule. Also, you have the ability to prioritize rules within the list; the rules towards the top of the list are the standard rules, and the ones listed below will be the exceptions.
Below are the options, from left to right, to modify the rules within the list:
- Add - Add a new rule to the list
- Edit - Change the settings within the rule
- Move Up - Move an individual rule higher in the priority list
- Move Down - Move an individual rule lower in the priority list
- Delete - Remove the rule from the list