Campaign Slide Editor: RSS Feed and Scrolling Text
Add a Scrolling RSS Feed or Personalized Ticker to your Campaign Slide.
Intro to RSS Feed and Scrolling Text in the Campaign Slide Editor
In a Campaign Slide, RSS allows you to add your own scripted Scrolling Text, or choose from an active, public RSS Feed online. You can find readily made RSS feeds by searching online news syndicates and finding the feed you’d like to use.
NOTE: Only one (1) Dynamic Text asset can be added to a Slide. If your Template already uses Dynamic Text, you WILL NOT be able to add another.
Finding an RSS Feed
An RSS Feed can usually be found through a quick online search of your favorite news syndicates. In your search, enter the news option you'd prefer and add rss to the end. Each will have it's own generated URLs, or allow you to generate one based on preferred formatting.
Below are the most common options:
CNN and Fox News - Copy any of the URLs listed on the page, based on the stories you'd like to see most.
Reuters - Copy the URL to the right of the RSS Feed text for the option you'd like to use.
NPR - Generate your own RSS Feed by entering an NPR URL into the field, and click the Generate button. NOTE: You will need to create a free account on rss.app and it will give you the ability to create your own feed URL.
Personalized Scrolling Messages
Scrolling Text allows you to write your own message within your Dynamic Text asset. When it comes to creating your own Scrolling Text, the recommendation is to write a message at least 300 characters in length; this allows the message to scroll across the screen appropriately. If you happen to have a message that does not meet the minimum characters, just copy and paste the message until you hit the length needed.
Adding Dynamic Text
1. On the Toolbar at the bottom of the page, click RSS.
In the section that populates, the following options, listed from left to right, will assist in formatting the Dynamic Text:
- Dynamic Text - Choose Scrolling Text or RSS Feed as your option.
- Text or RSS URL Field - Enter your Personalized Text or RSS Feed URL.
- Text Size - Adjust the size of the text for the asset.
- Speed - Choose how fast you'd like the text to scroll, 1 = Slowest and 5 = Fastest.
- Text Color - Adjust the color of the text by changing the RBG Hex Code or choose from the options available in the Color Palette.
- Background Color - Choose a background color to contrast the text color of your ticker.
- Apply - Save any changes to the Dynamic Text.
- Activate/Deactivate - Deactivate, shown as a Red Dot, will remove the Dynamic Text from the Slide. Activate, a Green Dot, will add the Dynamic Text to the Slide.
2. Choose either the RSS Feed or Scrolling Text option in the Dynamic Text dropdown on the far left.
3. If you choose Scrolling Text, enter in your own personalized text into the Text field.
If you choose RSS Feed, paste the URL of your public RSS Feed into the RSS URL field.
4. Then, choose the Text Size and Speed of the Dynamic Text. Also, feel free to change the Text Color and Background Color at this point.
5. Click Apply, and click on the Activate/Deactivate button to make it Active (Green Dot).
Then, the ticker will appear in the top left portion of the Slide.
5. Click Save on the Toolbar at the bottom to confirm your changes.
Moving the Dynamic Text
To move the asset, click and drag it to the desired location.
Sizing the Dynamic Text
To change the dimensions of the asset, drag out, or in, the arrow from the bottom right corner of the asset.
Removing Dynamic Text
To remove an asset from the Slide, navigate to the RSS section in the Toolbar at the bottom of the page. Then, click the Activate/Deactivate button to Deactivate (Red Dot).