Users - Merge User
Merge Users in CCHD to update a User's ID or absorb an old User into a New Owner.
Intro to Merge User
In this article, we will review Merging User Accounts in the Users section of CommandCenterHD (CCHD).
Merge User allows an Administrator to consolidate the data from one User account into another User account.
The Merge User functionality is best utilized when you have a User that has a new email address and needs to update to a new User ID, or if you would like to take a User that is no longer with the account and absorb their information into another user.
1. Hover over the Wrench Icon in the top right corner of CCHD, and click Users.
2. On the right side of the Manage Users page, click Merge User.
3. In the new window, select the Users to merge and toggle the checkboxes to transfer or replace the correct information:
- Merge Assets and Permissions From - Choose the User to merge into another User.
- Assign New Owner - Choose the User to merge the previous account into.
- Toggle All - Quickly bulk toggle all the checkboxes within the window.
- Override Default Group - Use the From User's Default Group for the New Owner.
- Groups Action - Choose whether the From User's Groups should not be added to the merged User, should be merged in with the existing Groups of the New Owner, or they should replace the Groups for the New Owner.
- Replace App Admin - Use the From User's App Administrator permissions for the New Owner.
- Replace First Name - Use the From User's First Name for the New Owner.
- Replace Last Name - Use the From User's Last Name for the New Owner.
- Replace PresenterHD - (DEPRECATED)
- Replace Default Dashboard - Use the From User's Default Dashboard view for the New Owner.
- Replace User Notes - Use the From User's User Notes information for the New Owner.
- Replace Folder View Options - Use the From User's Folder View settings for the New Owner.
- Replace Saved Projects - Use the From User's Projects for the New Owner.
4. Once all of the fields have been marked appropriately, click Merge Users and Delete Account to merge the information into the New Owner and delete the From User.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you click the Merge Users and Delete Account button, there is no way to recover the deleted From User. Please double and triple check the information before you merge users.