Android Tablet Configuration
- Version: IWPlayer version 2.0.8 or laterAndroid 4.4 or later
- Network conforming to the network diagram for Android Tablets
Creating the Device in CommandCenterHD
Adding Your Android Tablet to CommandCenterHD
- On your CommandCenterHD Dashboard hover over the Wrench icon in the upper right and click Devices.
- From the Device Manager screen, Add Digital Signage Player.
- Choose “Android” for the Player Model and “4.1x” for the Firmware.
- Enter a name for the device and (if you want) set its status to Active, then hit Next the bottom right to move to the next tab.
- Choose the MediaBridge you want the device to connect to (or change the Connect Mode to CommandCenterHD if applicable). The other fields in this tab are not commonly used.
- In the next tab, enter the location where the device will be running (you can use a city name, zip code, or street address, or manually enter the latitude and longitude). Be sure to click Get Coordinates and confirm that it found the right place. Then enter the temperature scale and time zone you want to use.
- Next, you will set up the playback for the device – choose the orientation you want under Format and choose your channel from the Available Channels list.
- At this point, you are ready to hit save to complete the device. The rest of the tabs contain optional and rarely used properties.
- After saving, you will be taken back to the Devices page where your new device should be in the list. The device ID will appear in parentheses after the name.
First Time Setup
- Power on your Android device and go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security
- Set Unknown sources to On and hit OK in the resulting dialogue
- Leave the Settings app and open Chrome (or your preferred browser)
- You will then need to download the Industry Weapon app and install on your device. Go to the URL https://cchdrsrc.channelshd.com/mobile_rsrc/android/IWPlayer.apk, this will start the download of the file to your device
- Open the notification view to watch the progress of the download; when it completes, click on it
- Open app & go to bottom of page to check version of player in About This AppRequirements:IWPlayer version 2.0.8 or laterAndroid 4.4 or later
Configure your Android IW Player Settings
- As it says in the above table, you will want to hit Start Background Service and AutoRun Player as soon as you have your credentials entered. You will see the status of the sync as it progresses at the top of the screen.
- Once the sync is complete (it will say something like “Status: Last sync: [current time]“), go ahead and hit Start Player to begin showing your content. If you only see a black screen or Industry Weapon splash screen content, shut the app down and restart it.
- While the player is running, you can click the back button to bring up a password field
- This password can be changed under the Accounts tab in CCHD; the default is default. Entering the password correctly will return you to the main app screen so you can change any preferences you need to.
Give us a call at 877-607-0562 or email email@example.com.