Cisco Edge 340
- Plug network cable into your Spectrio device.
- Connect the Spectrio device with an HDMI cable to the designated screen for display.
- Plug power cord into the Spectrio device, then plug the other end into a wall outlet.
- Once the player has booted up, you should see an Industry Weapon logo and an IP address on screen.
- You will then take that IP address and enter the setup URL (http://<PLAYERIP>:8080) into a web browser of a computer on the same network. U: admin P: default
- Click Edit IP information and enter a valid static IP address.
- Once this is saved, you will enter the device in CommandCenterHD.
- Once the device is entered into CommandCenterHD, it will begin to download the files from MediaBridge and playback your content once all files are downloaded. *If your Edge 340 does not have the Spectrio player software installed already please proceed to Process for Setting Up Existing Edge Devices (with prior CMS).
Adding Your Cisco Edge 340 into CommandCenterHD
- On your CommandCenterHD Dashboard hover over the wrench icon in the upper right and click Devices.
- From the Device Manager screen, click the + next to Digital Signage Players.
- The next page will prompt you to fill out information for this player. Be sure to fill out the required fields listed below:Player ModelSelect the Cisco Edge 340.Player NameChoose a name to identify this player.Player StatusActive status will allow the player to sync content.ZoneSelect the MediaBridge for this player.IP AddressEnter the IP Address you noted from the previous section of this manual.LocationEnter this player’s location and click on the “Get Location” button.Player ChannelChoose the content Channel you would like this player to display.FormatChoose your screen orientation.TypeSelect Live to have continued updated content appear on your screen automatically.
- After all the required settings are entered, click on the Save button.
- It will then take 5-10 minutes to register and then begin to download the necessary files for playback. Once these are downloaded, you will see content playback on the screen. The player will also apply any new firmware version found during this process, this could take up to 30 minutes.
- To check the status of your Cisco Edge 340 player, find it in the list of devices on the “Manage Devices” screen in CommandCenterHD. Under the “Status” column, you will see an image of a yellow question mark next to each active player. If you simply click on the question mark next to your player, you will be able to see if your player has made it online or if an error has occurred in the process.
Process for Setting Up Existing Edge Devices (with prior CMS)
Installing Spectrio Player ( Must be on firmware 1.2 or newer)
- Download the player software from http://go.industryweapon.com/edge340 and place the downloaded file on a USB stick.
- Log into the player’s web interface (http://<PLAYERIP>). Default login is u: admin; p: aDMIN123#
- In the Basic section, set “Auto-login” to “Enable”. Resolution and network settings can be changed via this interface as well.
- Reboot the player by going to “Restart/Reset” -> “Restart the device with its current settings”
- SSH into the player or open a root terminal window (password is aDMIN123#). Mount the USB stick as follows: “mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt”. If the command fails, replace sdb1 with sdd1
- Type “cd /mnt”, then “tar xvf e340-<VERSION>.tgz”, then “./install.sh”
- The installer will extract the player software and run everything necessary to set up the player.
- Reboot, and it will boot to the default content. (IW logo, IP)
- From this point, setup is like any other standard player. Be sure to select “Edge 340” in CCHD, since the Edge 340 uses a different engine and video format than other Linux-based players. (flv)
- The IW player interface can be accessed at http://<PLAYERIP>:8080 or https://<PLAYERIP>:7777
Edge 340 1.0->1.2 Firmware Upgrade
- On a PC, copy the firmware file (Cisco-Edge-1.2-i386-DVD.bin) to a USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick into the 340 and attach a keyboard/mouse.
- SSH in to the player or open a root terminal window (password is aDMIN123#). Mount the USB stick as follows: “mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt”. If the command fails, replace sdb1 with sdd1 (it’s different on different devices for some reason)
- Run “cp /mnt/Cisco-Edge-1.2-i386-DVD.bin /opt”, then “umount /mnt”.
- After that completes, go back to the player’s web interface and go to Maintenance -> Image upgrade, then hit Apply. It will take about an hour.
Edge 340 1.2 Patches
NOTE: Not all of the available patches consistently install on all players. Some units will only install the 11 patch; some only install 2, 4, and 5. There may be other combinations as well.
The reason for this discrepancy is unknown. Additionally, some of the patches may be distributed with only a “.gz” extension. These need to be renamed to “.tar.gz” to extract properly.
- The patches, in order of installation:CE340_Chrome-31_patch-0.6.tar.gzce340-1.2-patch-0.11.tar.gz
- Or, if that doesn’t work:CE340_Chrome-31_patch-0.6.tar.gzce340-1.2-patch-0.2.tar.gzce340-1.2-patch-0.4.tar.gzce340-1.2-patch-0.5.tar.gz
For each patch, in order:
- From a root shell, mount the USB stick, run “cd /mnt”, then “tar xvf <FILENAME>”
- Run “cd <PATCHDIRECTORY>”, then “sh ./install.sh”. Not all patches may install.
Give us a call at 877-607-0562 or email email@example.com.