Intro to Images in MediaHD
This article will teach you how to upload and edit an Image into MediaHD. CommandCenterHD (CCHD) allows for a multitude of file types when it comes to uploading an Image; the most popular options are PNG and JPEG, but you can follow the link below to review the list of supported file types.
Adding Images to MediaHD
1. While in MediaHD, select the tab for Images.
2. Click the Add Media button. In the new window, click the Choose File button to open the file explorer to choose a file or files from your computer to upload. You can either hit the Open button in the file explorer window, or drag and drop the file(s) into the Choose File window.
NOTE: There is no limit to the amount of files you can upload at a time, but the more files will cause slower upload times. Also, keep in mind that there is a 10 GB cap to all Media files uploaded into CCHD.
3. After selecting your Media file(s), the window will display your file(s) with the following optional settings:
- File Name - Clicking on the name of the file allows you to edit the name for the asset in CCHD.
- Activate/Deactivate - You can choose to have this file available for playback on your signage (Green) or to deactivate it for now (Red), the file will still upload into your MediaHD and can be reactivated.
- Background Image- Toggle this button to use this asset as a Background Image at the Template level.
- Settings - Add this to any of your CommandCenterHD groups or add a custom tag to better search this asset. You can also choose to enable video wall playback resolutions.
- Delete - To cancel this image file upload, you can click on this button.
4. Once the file settings have been completed, click the Upload Media button. As the items upload, their spaces will turn green. When they are 100% uploaded, click Done.
Additional Options for Images
Editing/Replacing Images in MediaHD
To edit an Image, you can either click on the thumbnail, name, or Notepad Icon. Below is an example of the Edit window that will populate.
Here are the fields and settings that are available for editing:
- Image Name - Set the name of the Image in MediaHD
- Replace Image - You can replace the current asset with a new one from your computer by clicking on the Choose File button, and then hitting Save Image. The Image Name and Description will remain the same for the Image in MediaHD.
- Description - A note field to add information for the Image.
- Enable Videowall - Allows larger assets to retain their resolution dimensions, and exempts them from resizing to 1080p when in the CCHD.
- Preview - A larger thumbnail of the Image asset.
- Image Editing Tools - The buttons located below the Preview give additional editing options, as well as aesthetic settings. The options are listed from left to right:
- Enlarge Preview
- Blur, Opacity, Shadow, and Border
- Flip Horizontally
- Flip Vertically
- Connections - Shows a list of Templates and Campaigns that host the Image
- Background Image
- Set as Logo - Deprecated
Editing Image Permissions
The Padlock Icon next to your MediaHD asset gives you the ability to set Permissions based on rules set by an Owner or Administrator. The Permissions for CommandCenterHD Assets or Objects article will give you more information on the different options.
Deleting an Image
The Red X gives you the option to remove the asset from your Media Library.
NOTE: If your Media is currently linked to a Template, Campaign, or other section utilizing the asset, you will not be able to delete it until it is removed from the corresponding links.