Red Core Manager - Tutorial
Add fun, socially relevant content to your screens without any of the content creation hassle!
Intro to the Red Core App
In this article, we will review the Red Core Manager within the Apps section in CommandCenterHD (CCHD).
The Red Core Manager houses daily and/or weekly curated content, based on your subscription level. The information is fun and impactful and helps to engage multiple types of audiences with socially relevant content that makes them feel catered to from a personal level.
Accessing Red Core
1. On the Navigation Bar at the top of CCHD, click Apps.
2. In the Apps section, use the Search Bar to find Red Core.
3. Select the Red Core App.
Red Core Categories
Free Weekly is available to all customers free of charge. Categories update every Monday morning and includes the categories below:
- This Week in History
- Joke of the Week
- Quote of the Week
- Word of the Week
- 3-Day Weather Forecast
- 5-Day Weather Forecast
Basic Daily includes Free Weekly content and adds 8 additional categories that update every morning. Category examples are found below:
- Did You Know?
- Fun Facts
- Great Quotes
- Joke of the Day
- This Day in History
- Word of the Day
- Word Scramble
- Health and Wellness
AP News includes news from 11 different categories that update every morning. Each option in hosts two stories, each category holding eight stories, allowing you to tailor how much news you’ll see on your screens. News topics include:
- World News
- US News
- Sports News
- Business News
- Entertainment News
- Health News
- Strange News
- Political News
- Science News
- Technology News
- General News
Selecting your Categories
In the Red Core Manager, check mark each option you would like to be available for your devices by clicking on the options.
Hover over each option to get a preview of the content.
Make sure to select Save Redcore Selection once you’ve selected your options.
Scheduling Red Core for Playback
In the Red Core Manager
Click Assign Red Core to your Channels at the top of the Red Core Content Manager page.
In the window that populates below, click the Bullseye Icon related to the Channel you want to add Red Core content to. The Channels that show will only be Channels that are currently scheduled for playback on a device.
In a Channel in ChannelsHD
In ChannelsHD, click on the Name of the Channel you want to add Red Core content to.
Enabling and Choosing Red Core Content
1. Check the box next to Enable Red Core.
2. Choose the Playback Preferences that will be unique to the Channel.
- Groupings will group all of the Campaign content together and Red Core content separately in playback.
- Percentage gives the ability to weigh how much Red Core Content vs In-House Content seen in playback. To choose an appropriate percentage, it's best to know where the Channel will be playing. For example, Channels running in a Lobby or Breakroom may employ more Red Core Content, as there your audience will be able to engage with the screens for longer periods of time. Compare that to a Hallway or Manufacturing Floor where the In-House Content (the Campaigns scheduled in the Channel) is more important for people to see when they have limited time to interact with the content.
- Sequence will give a more even approach. After every in-house campaign, a Red Core campaign will play.
3. Next, select which Red Core content categories to display in this channel. Check marking here will enable that option for playback.
4. Once complete, click Save Channel.
Your Red Core content will now download to your device(s) and will show up in playback after the normal update times.
Red Core System Settings: Brand Your Content!
If you would like to customize the Red Core Content to resemble the branded organizational content already on display, you can upload a logo and change the colors on the content using the Red Core System Settings.
1. Click Red Core System Settings at the top of the Red Core Content Manager page.
2. In the window that populates, fill out the following sections:
- Logo Layout - Choose the layout the best resembles the layout of the logo you'll upload. Each layout has the dimensions in pixels associated: Horizontal (350x90), Vertical (200x300), and Square (250x250).
- Company Logo - Choose a file to be the logo that shows on the Red Core slides.
- Colors - Choose the Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Colors to show on the Red Core slides.
NOTE: AP News stories do not use the logo or colors designated in this section.
3. Click Save RedCore Settings.
Red Core Content Examples