Globalcast - Tutorial
Intro to Globalcast
In this article, we will review the Globalcast App within the Apps section in CommandCenterHD (CCHD).
Globalcast is CCHD's Attribute scheduler that allows users to quickly assign digital signage campaigns to as many displays as desired.
Attributes within CommandCenterHD are tags that uniquely identify devices. Once a device is given an attribute or series of attributes, users can deliver content specific to each device based on the assigned attribute(s). You can learn more about Attributes and how to assign them to device(s) in the Bulk Manager App.
How Does Globalcast Work?
Simply assign attributes to the media player using Bulk Manager, use Globalcast to target media players with those attributes, and schedule the campaigns. When ready, the media player will pull the targeted content from CommandCenterHD and publish it to the specified displays.
Accessing Bulk Manager
1. On the Navigation Bar at the top of CCHD, click Apps.
2. In the Apps section, use the Search Bar to find Globalcast.
3. Select the Globalcast App.
Scheduling a New Campaign in Globalcast
1. On the Globalcast - Campaign Lineup page, click the Add Campaign button.
2. In the window, choose the Format of the Campaign you'd like to schedule to your Attribute: Horizontal of Vertical.
3. Next, choose a Campaign from the Campaign dropdown.
4. Select the Click Here under the GlobalCast Attributes section.
From the list that shows, choose the Attributes by clicking on the option. When you choose an Attribute, it will show as Assigned and will show under the Designated Attributes on the right side of the window.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When assigning multiple Attributes to a Campaign, the Globalcast App only allows for AND functionality. As an example, if we assigned the Pittsburgh and Elevators Attributes to our Campaign, the device(s) that would receive the content would be those that have BOTH Attributes assigned to it. If the device only has one of the Attributes, it would not receive the content.
Once finished designating the Attributes, click the Apply button at the bottom of the window.
5. Then, choose to either have the Campaign run as a Simple or Advanced Campaign:
Simple Campaign - The chosen Campaign will run in rotation with the other Campaign(s) until it is removed from Globalcast or changed to an Advanced Campaign.
Advanced Campaign - The chosen Campaign will run in rotation with the other Campaign(s) specified by a date range. You can choose additional settings based on the following information:
- Days - Choose the days of the week you would like the Campaign to be in rotation. Selecting All Days will play every day within the date range. To make exceptions for specific days, deselect All Days and leave checked the days the content should be in playback.
- Time - Choose the time during the specified days for the Campaign to be in rotation. When scheduled to a Device, the content will playback specific to the Time Zone set for the Device.
- Remove Campaign from GlobalCast after playback - An automated management tool that removes the Campaign from the Globalcast
- Repeat - Choose a sequence for when the Campaign should repeat.
- Repeats - Choose the sequence for the Repeat: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly.
- Repeat Every - Choose the frequency of the Repeat.
- Ends - Choose when the repeat sequence should end: Never, After a Certain Amount of Occurrences, or On a Specified Date.
- Summary - Recaps the repeat sequence detailed from the fields above.
6. Once the settings are confirmed, click Save Time Frame.
NOTE: When scheduled, your Globalcast content will download to your device and play in rotation with the other campaigns scheduled to play on the device. Normal update times apply.
Edit Schedule for Campaign in Globalcast
If you would like to change the schedule for a Campaign that is already in Globalcast, click the Edit Schedule button associated with the Campaign:
Once finished making the changes, click Save Time Frame.
Q: How can I view what devices have Globalcast scheduled?
- Go to the Devices page, select the edit icon on a device, and view the Connections tab
Q: Can I assign a campaign in Globalcast without an attribute?
- No. You have to assign an attribute. If you have not, you will be prompted with a popup window to select an attribute