On Demand Content - Tutorial
Use the On Demand Content app to store assets and campaigns onto a device. The most common scenarios that use this feature are: scheduling content for kiosks and custom integrations, and scheduling content for triggering campaigns via RemoteHD or a custom remote interface.
Just like campaigns and channels, On Demand Content can take an inordinate amount of time, depending on the volume of the content, bandwidth of your network, and scheduling restrictions on the selected players or MediaBridges (e.g. sync windows, rate limiting, etc.).
How to Schedule Content
- Login to your CommandCenterHD account.
- Click Apps from the navigation bar.
- Under System Apps, search for On Demand Content.
- Select On Demand Content
- The left section of the app contains a list of devices you can schedule content to. Use the edit button on the right to schedule content to a single device.Use the checkboxes on the left if you wish to schedule content to multiple devices simultaneously. Clicking on the checkbox at the top while allowing you to select all.
- Upon selecting your device(s), a section will display below the list of devices. This will contain a list of content you scheduled using On Demand Content, or none if there are no items. Note that the header says Multiple if you selected multiple devices, otherwise it shows the name of the device.
- The right section of the app contains content that you can schedule to your devices. Content can be in the form of Media (Image, Remote Image, Video) or Campaign.Just like in the devices section, use the checkboxes to select which asset that you want to schedule.
- Selected content will show up on the section below. Clicking on the red X icon will remove that content from the player. Format shows up as horizontal or vertical if the type of content is a video or a campaign.
- Once you have finished your selections, click on the Assign Selections button.
- As previously mentioned, On Demand Content can take an inordinate amount of time, depending on the volume of the content, bandwidth of your network, and scheduling restrictions on the selected players or MediaBridges.