Training Path: Content User
The best articles and practices to utilize as a Content User in CCHD.
Intro to the Content User Training Path
In this article, we will review the Standard Training Path for New Users in CommandCenterHD (CCHD).
Before choosing a path for training, it is best to consider how you prefer to be trained. Do you like a do-it-yourself method where you can read through articles or watch videos on how the system functions? Do you prefer to have a session with someone who can walk you through the process and possibly ask questions as they do? Maybe it's a mixture of both?
If you like doing things on your own, use the list in the next section to position yourself in the right direction when it comes to the basics of content management.
If you like a little more hands-on training, you can use the following link to schedule a time with a trainer:
If it's somewhere in between, start with the articles below, and within the Help Center, and you can always fall back on a training session, if need be.
Content Training Path
First, make sure to watch the Basics of CCHD video that shows not only the workflow, but some of the most basic functionality within CCHD. This video helps to set the foundation as you begin your path through the main sections.
The main thing to remember is that you don't need to know how everything works right off the bat. Crawl before we walk, and walk before we run. Learn the foundations, and the rest will come with time as you begin to use the system in more unique ways.
- Images - Adding and Editing Image assets like PNG and JPG in CCHD.
- Videos - Adding and Editing Video assets like MP4 or MPG in CCHD.
- Best Practices - Tips on how to create a Template using the Audience Engagement Framework and Digital Signage Best Practices.
- Creating a Template - Add a New Template to your collection of backgrounds available in your Account.
- Template Aesthetics - Add your base layout options like a Background Image or Background Color.
- Dynamic Content - Add dynamic widgets and secondary assets to your Template, like Weather, Date, and Time or Scrolling Text.
- Best Practices - Tips on how to structure Campaign Slides using the Audience Engagement Framework and Digital Signage Best Practices.
- Creating a Campaign - Add a New Campaign to your collection of slides available for playback within your Account.
- Media in a Slide - Add, edit, replace, or remove assets from your MediaHD Library to your Campaign Slide.
- Text in a Slide - Add, edit, duplicate, and remove a Text Box to add clarity to your messaging.
- Slide Settings - Give your Campaign Slide a Duration, Name and Activate it when it is ready to be scheduled to a Channel.
- Best Practices - Tips on how to configure Data in a Channel using the Audience Engagement Framework and Digital Signage Best Practices.
- Creating a Channel - Add a New Channel to schedule Campaigns for playback.
- Schedule a Campaign in a Channel - Build a list of Campaigns in a Channel that can be scheduled to a Device for playback.
- Manage a Channel - Learn how to manage Campaigns in an existing Channel.
- Changing a Channel on a Device - Change the Channel on your Device(s) in the Devices section or in the Channel Changer App.
Once you feel like you have a solid understanding of the basics, or are just excited to learn more about CCHD, feel free to check out the following sections of the Help Center to broaden your knowledge:
Content Management - Along with the articles listed above, there are some additional pieces of information that are helpful to the basic User. Also, this section will give you some of the more unique tools and techniques to create engaging content and cut down on time spent in CCHD.
Apps - Learn about the multitude of Apps that can be utilized or integrated with in CCHD. Everything from pulling in an events calendar, to creating animated HTML backgrounds, to configuring notifications for diagnostic errors, there are a plethora of uses for the Apps in the system.