Training Path: Administrator
The best articles and practices to utilize as an Administrator in CCHD.
Intro to the Administrator User Training Path
In this article, we will review the Standard Training Path for Administrator Users in CommandCenterHD (CCHD).
Before choosing a path for training, it is best to consider how you prefer to be trained. Do you like a do-it-yourself method where you can read through articles or watch videos on how the system functions? Do you prefer to have a session with someone who can walk you through the process and possibly ask questions as they do? Maybe it's a mixture of both?
If you like doing things on your own, use the list in the next section to position yourself in the right direction when it comes to the basics of being an Administrator.
If you like a little more hands-on training, you can send our Onboarding Team an email to schedule a time with a trainer:
If it's somewhere in between, start with the articles below, and within the Help Center, and you can always fall back on a training session, if need be.
Administrator Training Path
Even though you may have other Users that will be tasked with the content management side of things, an Administrator should still understand an overview of the main sections in CCHD. Make sure to watch the Basics of CCHD video that shows not only the workflow, but some of the most basic functionality within CCHD.
Then, utilize the articles listed below to get a grasp of the core features and configuration options that are crucial to being an Admin for your account.
- Zones - Create and Edit Zones for your MediaBridge or AppBridge.
- Account Settings - Set Account Information like Primary Contact, Location, and Upgrade Preferences.
- CCHD Settings - Customize default settings in your CCHD Account for specific sections, and create schedules for device maintenance and upgrades.
- User Settings - Set security options for Users, like failed logins, inactivity timeout, and password strength.
- Creating a User - Easily add Users into CCHD in just a few steps.
- Groups - Create User Groups to set parameters on what content Users have access to in CCHD.
- User Permissions - Set high-level permissions to designate a User's accessibility to sections within CCHD.
- Asset or Object Permissions - An overview on how to set permissions on your Media, Templates, Campaigns, Channels, Devices and much more.
- Important Information - Quickly access all the key information for your CCHD account, and edit your Default User Settings.
Once you feel like you have a solid understanding of the articles outlined above, or want to learn more about CCHD, feel free to check out the following sections of the Help Center to broaden your knowledge:
CommandCenterHD Administration - While we covered the critical sections, there are still some additional features in the system that can be useful to an account, such as Two Factor Authentication or Custom Welcome Emails.
Content Management - Along with the articles listed above, there are some additional pieces of information that are helpful to the basic User. Also, this section will give you some of the more unique tools and techniques to create engaging content and cut down on time spent in CCHD.
Apps - Learn about the multitude of Apps that can be utilized or integrated with in CCHD. Everything from pulling in an events calendar, to creating animated HTML backgrounds, to configuring notifications for diagnostic errors, there are a plethora of uses for the Apps in the system.